Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depression or anxiety

Options
  • 17-02-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am feeling very low and anxious lately, I am wondering if I go to the doctor soes it have to be recorrded in my mediacl notes.

Also do all anti-depressants/anxiety meds cause weight gain?

I tried changing my diet and more exercise to improve my mood, but this has not worked.

any infor or support really appericated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 iasscarra

Hi ya, hope all is managable.
    Well for starters I do not think that you worried, whether a visit to the doctors is recorded or not is not helping you at all, of course the doctor will record you visit (via notes) the doctor has to, it is an intregral part of their job and a doctor that didn't would not be very good.
    With regard to the medication putting on a few pounds or not, well it is not proven that the tablets will encourage weight gain, although some people leave there lifestyle go a bit of a slower pace on these tablets and as a result weight is increased but not as a result of taking tablets rather a laziness whilst taken them. All I can say is that be very sure first before taking medication as you GP to be honest with you it is your life and If the GP feels that there is a suitable tablet for you well then increase you good healthy food intake and double your physical exersice. PM if you want to disscuss anytime chin up.

T.

Advertisement