Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stiff clutch on a saab 900

Options
  • 17-02-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

hi

I'am looking at a Saab 900 for a friend which has a stiff clutch pedal , "its hard to press down" ( owner told me as I haven't seen the car yet ).

Does this year have a cable or Hydraulic clutch system ,if its a cable system then is it more likely to be the cable or clutch ?

I have been reading that on a Hydraulic system it could need the slave cylinder replacing/refurbishing.

I know its a case of how long is a piece of string but any possible ball park figures of costs would be much appreciated which would decide me one way or another on the car. As money is tight for him I want to may sure its financially viable

What else should I look at while I'am looking at this car.

thanks in advance

brendan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

These have cables I think. Maybe it is seized in it and getting stuck. Has the clutch always being hard to press or did it just appear gradually? Might be a cable if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi plug

thanks for the help i hope to see it tomorrow and will update with exact condition of clutch

brendan

Advertisement