Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got braced yesterday and already I need help!

Options
  • 17-02-2012 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and looking for some help as my ortho is closed till next Monday! I got my upper braces on yesterday. There is a spring on my arch wire between my front left incisor and left canine. When I left the ortho I was pretty sure that the spring was stuck to the bracket on my canine but while cleaning the braces after dinner I noticed that the spring was able to slide between the two brackets. Is this normal? I'm just hoping that I don't need to go back already to have something fixed!

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Orthoman

Hi , Nothing to worry about. He /she's possibly opening some space for the in-standing tooth, or just bulking out the archwire as it crosses the space to stop it digging into your lip. Springs early on aren't normally attached to brackets. Best of luck with the treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Steeltoe

Orthoman wrote: »
    Hi , Nothing to worry about. He /she's possibly opening some space for the in-standing tooth, or just bulking out the archwire as it crosses the space to stop it digging into your lip. Springs early on aren't normally attached to brackets. Best of luck with the treatment.

Thanks for that Orthoman. That makes sense now.

Advertisement