Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get 4.00 / 4.80 tyre for wheelbarrow?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Does anyone know where where to get a wheelbarrow tyre? Louth, Dublin or somewhere in between would be handiest for me.

Need a tubeless tyre for an old barrow that's been lying up for ages. I want to get it out of the shed and start using it again. I've found one or two online in the UK but the postage is twice the cost of the tyre. If anyone knows where to get one, I'd appreciate it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Alfco in Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Chance your nearest tyre garage. They might have one or else should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

Might even get away with sticking a tube into the existing tyre if the tyre isnt perished. Take it to a mechanic or ring a few and ask if they would have one. I know my local mechanic would nearly always have a tube for a wheel barrow. Shouldnt really matter even if it was a tubeless tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

put the tyre off a hay turner wheel onto the wheelbarrow.

My auld lad did this back 10 years ago and not one puncture since. Bit expensive but as solid as a rock. (I think he put some of that anti punture solution in it also and topped it up with air then)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

The tyre is pretty badly perished and cracked. Been lying up a long time.

I might try filling it up with puncture repair stuff. It might work. It's hardly a safety-critical situation on a wheelbarrow, but I'll keep the speed under 50, just to be sure. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

would love to know an answer to this burst two in the last week. i currently have a collection of barrows with no wheels. tried a multitude of places and no result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

A new tyre and tube costs about €25 you can get a complete new wheel for €17.50 in most agri stores

I bought a new wheel last week but it was the wrong size. It wouldn't fit into the bracket arrangement on the barrow. Hence the search for a tyre.

I know there are tyres and wheels available in the UK, but as I said in my original post, the postage for that wheel is £17.50 and the wheel itself is only £7.50. That's why I'm looking for one I can pick up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

jeffwode wrote: »
    I know there are tyres and wheels available in the UK, but as I said in my original post, the postage for that wheel is £17.50 and the wheel itself is only £7.50. That's why I'm looking for one I can pick up myself.

Have a look at a Haybob tyre, I don't think it is too fiddly to make the adjustments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I suggested that above.

some people dont listen :rolleyes:
    Have a look at a Haybob tyre, I don't think it is too fiddly to make the adjustments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Tyres and tubes available Tuam Mart Store 093 24220

Advertisement