Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loving Life

Options
  • 17-02-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

The past 18 months or so have been mental. Parents split up, uncle had a heart attack, grandmother has severe dementia, sister had a brain aneurysm, one of my friends had to have surgery on his brain as well. Madness.

However, regardless of all that crap I'm looking to the positive. Nobody died. I left Ireland last year to follow my girlfriend to her home country courtesy of the company I work for (they paid for my visa, etc).

I was home in January to visit everyone and it was great. My quality of life over here is way better than back home and I'm ridiculously happy. It's my girlfriends birthday and I spoiled her rotten. Going to get engaged very soon, married next year. Sticking to my fitness plans so far this year and reading like a lunatic.

Life is what you make of it. There's a lot worse off than me right now and I consider a lot of the crap I face day to day as first world problems.

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Happy for you :D Good luck with the engagement. Very exciting!

I too am loving life! Suffered from depression for many years but in the past year I have been really happy.

Took a big step to go back to college and do my masters, and I moved from Ireland to Canada to do it. Scary and tough but I really love it here. Meeting lots of new people and trying lots of new things. Its so much fun.

Got together with the love of my life. He's back in Ireland but we are still together and laughing with each other everyday. When I finish my masters this year we can be together forever then.

Nothing is perfect. Have lost touch with many friends, but its their loss. Battling eating disorders for years now but finally getting help for it after admitting I need it. But I know I can make new friends and be strong and get through this. :)

Sometimes I worry I'm a bit too happy because its not a feeling I'm used to! But starting a new great life for myself and very positive for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

view.html?g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9604215

OP congrats on the engagement and best of luck.

Princess Peach, good luck with college, hope you are enjoying canada. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

congrats to all the really nice things happening for/to yous, sounds awesome! :)

for me, its having a lot of options about how my life could go in the future, planning things properly ive been meaning to do since college, being single the past year and enjoying every moment thoroughly tbh :D

as what was said by the OP, life is definitly how you look at it and what you make it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dreamerking

Congrats on you engagement OP. :) My attitude to life is that we can't control what happens to us but we can decide what attitude to have as we go through life's storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

this gloriously sunny warm springlike day, and a day which only happens every four years, just kinda put a spring in my step in looking forward to the summery times :)
    nothing to do with the romantic aspect of the day at all, just feels good to be around for something that doesnt happen every year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Officially engaged, saving like a lunatic! Hehe. It's going to be 88F tomorrow (31 degrees in Irish measurements) and I'm going to a BBQ at a friends and he has a pool. Can't wait! I hear there's a heatwave back home too which is GREAT!

It's a long weekend here too and a long weekend next weekend back home. Enjoy it you beautiful people. :)

Advertisement