Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mantracker

Options
  • 16-02-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭

230px-Mantracker.png

I caught this show on the rather obscure Extreme Sports channel. It airs at 12 p.m., 6 p.m. and 2 a.m.

The basic concept sees two people let loose in either the Canadian or American wilderness and they have to find a finish line within 36 hours before this expert tracker guy Terry Grant finds them first.

There's no prize for doing so which is a bit weird but I've seen a few episodes and it's a good laugh. My favourite bit is when the two people are wandering along thinking they're fine until he suddenly appears. :pac:

Anyone else seen the show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I have watched a few of them. Was there not a $10000 reward? I thought so but cant remember. it is set in BC Canada but I believe they are nto filming it anymore which is a pity!
    Did you see the one with the 2 blonde girls on it? All was fine and they had this great idea of strapping one of their walkie talkies to a tree and then calling it with their other one......the idea being to have mantracker head to the one strapped to the tree and thereby off their track. Then they got all full of themselves and started calling him taunting him but they were so dozy they called him from right beside the river..........thereby giving away their location:p

between Mantracker, One Man army and Top Shot I am happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I didn't see that one but I'll have to keep an eye out for it. :D

I did catch one episode where one of the guys trying to evade capture came out waving a stick at one of the horses which pissed off Mantracker. I did think that was a bit of a dirty tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

yea I saw that one too. I did see mantracker get really mad on one of them as a girl sprayed bear spray at his horse:(.
    its a good idea for a show though. do you know what distance they travel? i cant remember but I think they camp overnight too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

This is about as real as the Hills, it is only good because it is so bad. The whole thing is more staged than Broadway. Do people actually believe the camera crew following them are invisible? The staged arguments for dramatic affect are so funny. Good idea for a show if done realistically. Hunting Chris Ryan is a good example. May not be 100% factual but at least it wasn't too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ppink wrote:
    do you know what distance they travel? i cant remember but I think they camp overnight too

I'm not sure on the distance but yeah they do camp overnight. I'm not sure if the chase can continue in the dark. Guess it would be considered too dangerous.
    FrostyJack wrote: »
    This is about as real as the Hills, it is only good because it is so bad. The whole thing is more staged than Broadway. Do people actually believe the camera crew following them are invisible? The staged arguments for dramatic affect are so funny. Good idea for a show if done realistically. Hunting Chris Ryan is a good example. May not be 100% factual but at least it wasn't too obvious.

Yeah that's true. I believe some elements are staged a bit like Bear Grylls but on the camera crew according to Wiki:
    In past interviews, Grant has indicated that the camera crew has him stop to prove where he sees tracks, and also has at times sent out false Prey and production staff to prevent him from just looking for the actual camera crew. Additionally, the Prey's camera crew often change footwear, and are expert woodsmen who often mask their presence in various ways.

What bugged me most was that it seemed to me the Mantracker knows the finish line and often when he can't find the target he seems to position himself near the finish to get an easy sighting of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do it in Tallaght but let the trackers have guns.

best show ever.

I own this copyright :o

Advertisement