Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

pulling horsebox

Options
  • 16-02-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a car/van/small jeep for pulling a horsebox, will only be going on short trips with the horsebox.. have a nice car to get rid off also so would it be best to do a trade in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Legislation on towing is getting stricter (Driving test needed for towing, increased lighting legislation, type approval for trailers, etc)
    Make sure your car is rated for the load it's going to be towing.

And, remember, it's easy to pull a heavy load, it's the stopping that's the hard part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

VW Tiguan should do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rashers72 wrote: »

I'd love how you came to that conclusion given that most of them are 2WD, they're very rare second hand and are pricey enough new and used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The horsey crowd over here use horsebox trucks or these in auto guise :confused:

land-cruiser-prado.jpg

As there are a few stables just down the road from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Rashers72 wrote: »

I think you meant the Toe-rag which I've rarely seen pulling trailers. The dickwad is a soft roader urban mongerel thing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Subaru Forester should do, self leveling rear suspension, awd as standard. Diesel available since 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Thanks, will have a look around over the weekend!

Advertisement