Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P5 - BPP - Michael Barry

Options
  • 16-02-2012 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

Im down to my final paper and ive decided to take P5. Im thinking of taking studying in BPP, havent been before so Im just looking for any feedback on Michael Barry who is lecturing the subject. Can you please share your comments as to whether you recommend him or not? If there are any other P5 lecturers which you recommend, can you also let me know who they are and what college they are lecturing in?

Thanks,
    Mr_ACCA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Most people find him very good. I had him for CIMA Financial Strategy. Personally I always found the nitty gritty numbers more of a challenge than the theory stuff. He flies through question after question on the overhead projector. I found it better when I went to a lecturer who explained the theory behind the numbers - easier to get my head around the technical side of things.

He is good but his classes are fairly intense and you will need to work on your own to keep up with pace of the class. It's very easy to fall behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackie1983

hi is micheal barry still teaching P5? has BPP closed in irleand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ash33

He is lecturing in independent colleges. P4 and P5. Can anyone shed any light on the question as to who is best lecture for p4 and p5. Liam doran and michael bristoe do p4 and p5 respectively. ie is Michael Barry better than these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Been to all three for lectures a some point for something but not for the same subjects, so can't say exactly - personally I'd rec Liam for the P4 because of the exam focus required (it's a nasty paper whether the subject is good for you or not) and I think he really gets that across the whole way along. It's worth doing the homework for the feedback.
    For P5 it is a bit of a toss up between the other too, both seem decent but have different styles... I don't feel I could offer a judgement call either way but to say that both appear to pull out the above average pass rates required for platinum status and both have had prize winners - maybe someone else can differentiate them for you?

Advertisement