Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove the radio from an 08 corolla

Options
  • 16-02-2012 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to remove the radio from my car, I hit the power button to turn it off last year, but hit a bit to hard and pushed the button in :o It still works but doing anything such as changing the volume up or down or turning it off can take a lot of twisting/pressing of the button. I want to take the radio out and straighten up whatever I bent.

The car is an 08 corolla, an image of the dash layout is below. If taken off the silver surrounds, but can't see how to get the radio out.

Any Advise?

Image of the dash, you can see the power/vol button is pushed inwards. :o
    IMG_20120202_084617.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's easy enough.

See the silver trims that are on either side of the ashtray, the lower ones just pull off, then the top ones pull out. open the top glovebox to make it easier to take off.

unscrew the gearknob, youll need a flat screwdriver to open the plastic ring attaching the gaiter to the gear lever. you dont necessarily need to remove this, just loosening the panel is enough, but it might be easier for you to just take it off.

then pull off the top console over the radio, remove the ashtray, and pull out the heater panel. the radio is held in with 4 nuts.

I've seen what you described on an Auris before.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Check site www.fitaudio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It doesn't list that model Corolla, although it does have the Auris, which is a similar setup.

Advertisement