Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrape on car panel

Options
  • 16-02-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

i have a light scrap on my (black coloured) car. are those tempory fillers any good, the ones that you basically just colour them in with? its along two panels. how much does it generally cost to get two panels sprayed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

kdowling wrote: »
    i have a light scrap on my (black coloured) car. are those tempory fillers any good, the ones that you basically just colour them in with? its along two panels. how much does it generally cost to get two panels sprayed?

Advise I've gotten so far is

1) coloured wax

2) get panels polished

3) a place that makes up car paint said that they will make my colour up and paint it in with a tooth pick or similar

What do you guys think will do the best job.
    Don't have enough money to re-spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Pretty hard to say without seeing pics tbh

But a rule of thumb for me is if you rub a finger nail along the body panel with the scratch and you can feel it then its too deep to do anything about except get it resprayed.

ants09 wrote: »
    Pretty hard to say without seeing pics tbh

But a rule of thumb for me is if you rub a finger nail along the body panel with the scratch and you can feel it then its too deep to do anything about except get it resprayed.

Thanks ants, how much would a reasonable price be to get two door panels resprayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Dont know kdowling tbh as only panel i ever got resprayed was a sun roof a while back.

ants09 wrote: »
    Dont know kdowling tbh as only panel i ever got resprayed was a sun roof a while back.

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

it is not cheap to be honest and then you have color matching issue,s your best bet is paintdoctor or carcraft in dublin .what they do is they only spray the area,s affected at half the cost of body shops and it looks great .hope that helps

massy086 wrote: »
    it is not cheap to be honest and then you have color matching issue,s your best bet is paintdoctor or carcraft in dublin .what they do is they only spray the area,s affected at half the cost of body shops and it looks great .hope that helps

carcraft quoted me 390 + VAT for a scrape across two doors.
    anywhere cheaper than that?

Advertisement