Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spray painting

Options
  • 16-02-2012 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea how much would you be looking at for a front + back bumper, small spoiler and grille to be sprayed and matched up to the colour of my car..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

€400 - €1500..depending on the nationality of the sprayer....shop around....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

So they need fitting too? around €500-600 should do it if it's just painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

tinyjiney wrote: »

It is simply nonsense to imply that the main factor affecting price is whether the sprayer is Irish or not.

Irish, Polish, Latvian, whatever, it doesn't matter because they are all living in Ireland and are subject to the same cost of living and doing business in this country. Whether or not they are running their business by the book is another matter entirely. But again nationality has nothing to do with that.

Running a properly registered bodyshop in this country means investing a lot of money in equipment. All bodyshops are supposed to be registered with the local authority and are inspected every year (which costs money in itself) to make sure they conform to all regulations. Unfortunately for those bodyshops who are trying to do things properly there are a lot of chancers around who are running "businesses" that conform to no regulations whatsoever. These are the lads that will paint your car for less than half the price of a legit bodyshop, sure why wouldn't they when they have a fraction of the overheads of a properly run operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Most racist comment ever made on the motors forum.

OP - Just remember that you will nearly always get what you pay for. This company seems to be very professional http://www.southdublincrashrepairs.com/

Give them a ring and see what they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭db330

I needed a rear 1/4 replaced, went to the usual place for a quote and was told €1500, I recently got some work done there after getting sideswiped and it went through on the insurance, this place charged me (well the insurance company) for several things that were not fitted or done.

I asked around and found a small place run by polish lads, they did the job for €500 including vat. It was a top notch top

• Advertisement

db330 wrote: »
    I needed a rear 1/4 replaced, went to the usual place for a quote and was told €1500, I recently got some work done there after getting sideswiped and it went through on the insurance, this place charged me (well the insurance company) for several things that were not fitted or done.

I asked around and found a small place run by polish lads, they did the job for €500 including vat. It was a top notch top

Nice to see theres still some posters who live in the real world....;)

Racist....?.....cop on will ye.........:rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble but here in the real world you simply don't get a top class quarter panel replacement job done for €500.

Sorry to burst your bubble but here in the real world you simply don't get a top class quarter panel replacement job done for €500.

Are we a bodyshop owner then George...;)

I've had a new front wing and drivers door fitted and painted to perfection ( i wouldnt settle for less) by a Latvian chap in Bray.....less than half that a "proper" bodyshop quoted on the Vevay rd...That was a 09 Audi btw .....sometimes you get more than you pay for...:)

I can't comment on your situation as you haven't given prices or other details.

What I said above I still stand over. €500 wouldn't cover the parts and materials on a proper quarter panel replacement. More likely that the rear quarter on that poster's car was bashed out and packed full of filler when it was fixed for that price. So it's not comparing like with like to compare the €1500 quote to the subsequent €500 repair.

Advertisement