Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Near Grad Crisis Problem

Options
  • 15-02-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a third year IT student and I am very anxious about graduating for a couple of reasons.

1: My GPA is bordering on 2 -2.5 at best.
    2: I have no work experience whatsoever in anything.
    3: No connections
    4: I have no drive anymore to do anything about it :(

Don't get me wrong, I didn't pick IT for the sake of it. I love computers and all that and read up on that stuff in my own time, its just that I suck at programming and networking which is probably 80% of the IT sector :p
    The only thing im really good at is fixing computers, building computers and 3d modeling.
    Looking at graduate jobs and internships also depresses is me as I know that I most like wont be able to do whats required thus not getting experience and not getting a job

I dont know if this belongs here, couldnt find a more relevant forum :p
    Any help would be helpful

Thanks
    Don

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

@donfarrell

m8, heres my situation.

I graduated last may with a basic degree in networking (pass)
    I had no previous knowledge or love for computers b4 the degree.
    I am starting a new job with an IT firm up in dublin in less than a month making near 500euro a week.
    I found it hard getting a job...i had no experience and they all wanted experience.

my advice....get ur degree, mayb do the higher degree if u can, mayb do the ccna if u can (personal i cant afford it and i dont think i would be able to pass 1st time but i would love to have it)
    and then get out there and apply to as many related jobs as u can.

Put yourself out there.....gud luck

Advertisement