Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recording noob.

• 15-02-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I began my first forrays into recording today when my gaming edition pvr arrived. i set it up as instructed and switched ps3 output to 1080i component as stated on the instructions.

But, when i try to record BF3 in 1080i the ps3 resets back to 576p during the titles, but if I switch to 720p theres no reset and I can record no problem. Has anyone experienced this and got any solutions?

Also when I record in 720p and upload to youtube it only plays in 240p.What am I doing wrong?

And is there a difference between 1080i on a hdmi cable and 1080i on the component cable? To my eye 1080i on a hdmi cable gives better colour and sharper text and images or am I imagining things?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Also when I record in 720p and upload to youtube it only plays in 240p.What am I doing wrong?

Example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Example?

don't have it on youtube anymore. but i could upload it again later if ya want to look at it. i was kinda suspicious when it only took a few minutes to upload when some people in my clan say it can take them up to an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

you might as well record in 720p as it's better than 1080i ... also on the PS3 games only do 720p (look at the back).. so when you have 1080p as your res the PS3 just scales it up..

Now the youtube problem, what format is the video file you are uploading?

How long did you wait after uploading until you watched it? it usually takes a bit longer for youtube to process HD quality..

tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Ya BF3 can only output in 720p on PS3 so if you set it to 1080p it has to revert back to 576p.720p is the best you cant get unfortunately.

You could try rendering it in 1080p but it will make next to no difference and the render time will be increased if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

thanks everyone.i'm just confused as to why it says to record in 1080i when its not capable.

also is there a cheaper alternative to sony vegas pro? will sony home movie studio do the same job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Schwiiing wrote: »
    also is there a cheaper alternative to sony vegas pro?

There is always a cheaper alternative ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

TheChrisD wrote: »
    There is always a cheaper alternative ;)

Sometimes its so cheap its free :rolleyes:

Advertisement