Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cabin/pollen Filter. Which way does it go in???

Options
  • 15-02-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Just swapping my cabin filter. Ive already put it in the car but not sure if its in properly (i haven't started the car yet)
    I bought one from the internet but it came with no instructions or direction of air flow arrows printed on it. I know how to put it in but i dont know which way around its supposed to be.

It's a carbon filter. One side is black/grey and the other side is white.

Do I put it in with

air flowing from black to white?

or

air flowing from white to black?

The old one came out jet black covered with soot and looks the same on both sides.

:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

What make of car is it? Mabey googling it with the car make might tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would have thought the air flowing white to black would be the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Yes im aware of google but no joy im afraid hence asking here. Yeah ive put it in white to black I think its in correct. I looked at the old filter and there's a lot of thick glue on the inside side and lots of thick glue on the black side of the new one.
    So yeah I think its in the right way.

Advertisement