Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 to €1000 (in 8 bets)

Options
  • 15-02-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

As the title says. The Challenge is

€5 to €1000 in 8 bets.

You start off with €5, back as close to evens as you possibly can, whether that be by doing singles, doubles, even trebles, at odds on. After 8 bets you will be at the €1000 mark, give or take a few euro depending on how close your bets were to evens

If, and thats a big if, i reach the winning bet that gets me €640, i will bank €250 of it so its guaranteed profit. and then continue on doing the challenge with the remaining balance of €390. worse comes to worse and the last bet loses, at least i will have €250 banked. Should the final bet win, i will have €1030, (including the €250 already banked).

I reckon the way to success on this will be playing a very patient game, and not looking to win on an even money bet every day as that wont happen. Im going to research alot of bets daily, not exclusive to football, if i dont see anything i like, i'll leave it alone for that day, and try again the next day, until such a time I'm happy with a bet that I'm comfortable to place reasonably high stakes on.

It wont be easy, because lets face it, even money bets are anything but easy to win on.

Gonna give it my best shot anyway and see how far i can go.

I found a bet for today that i like.

Bet 1.

€5 Single

Parma Vs Juventus - BTTS @ Evens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck shocksy, I'm always interested in these,though never done one my fine self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think both teams to score just about the best bet for this sort of thing. Don't often get evens though. At 1.6 (typical price) its still a good one to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Absolutely awful match between Parma V Juventus. Lesson learned, italian games blacklisted from the challenge, no consistency whatsoever.

I'll just restart the challenge again in this post as i didnt even get past the first hurdle lol

€5 Single

Bet 1.

AC Milan V Arsenal - BTTS @ 10/11

If i have no success tonight, hopefully i will return on Saturday with a bet i like.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

I do these type of bet regulary but they are very hard to get. You have a decent enough strategy. Ive a tenner on 1st goal in arsenal milan game after 27 mins at evens, just because its on telly and a bit of interest in the game. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh well, can I suggest you keep at it but look at teams who just can't defend but do score playing teams that just can't defend but do score something like Ipswich v Blackpool or Wolves v Blackburn Rovers. Places like www.soccerway.com are good for stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Id check into a team getting over 1.5 goals too for getting value. For instance Man United tomorrow is a great price for over 1.5 goals @ 4/5 (bet365). But BTTS is good way to go too..

Good luck with the log:)

Thanks to everyone for the input, always good to hear other ideas and opinions.

Disastrous start to the log but sure, these things happen, would be highly unlikely to do it on the first few attempts anyway, I'll check out some football tomorrow, if nothing arises i'll wait till saturday or sunday...

Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Isotonic's rugby bets would be perfect for this but I have'nt seen him post lately.

He probably nearly got 8 in a row right on the gambling thread.

Another option for bets would be Liverpool on the corner h/cap when they play.

Ok lets do this.

Bet 1

€5.55c Double

FC Volendam v Willem II - BTTS @ 1/2
    BV Veendam v FC Dordrecht - BTTS @ 4/9

Potential Returns €12.02

shocksy wrote: »

The only game in the Dutch league thats 0-0 at half time

This challenge just doesn't like me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The only game in the Dutch league thats 0-0 at half time

This challenge just doesn't like me :pac:

30 mins for Dordrecht to help you out. Good luck

Ok lets do this.

Bet 1

€5.55c Double

FC Volendam v Willem II - BTTS @ 1/2

Potential Returns €12.02

And its a winner :pac:

Up and running at last....

Balance €12.02

More than likely i should see something tomorrow, so i shall post back at lunchtime tomorrow with a pick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I saw this challenge linked on Facebook. There's so many betting challenges around, we're sure to make millions.

All the best with it. You're 1/8 of the way already.

A good way of doing this is doing multiples on under goal amounts for teams like Novara who rarely score away from home, like Novara under 1.5 goals, or a team who're playing Celtic in the league's total goals to be under 1.5 (usually they win to nil)

Like look here:
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/italy/serie-a/novara-v-atalanta/total-home-goals-over-under-1-5

1.50 for them to not score 2 goals or more, when was the last time they did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Good idea this, found a nice BTTS in the French League today if that helps-Lorient v Lille BTTS 10/11 Lille just played out a goal frenzy match losing 5-4 at Bordeaux and Lorient have scored in all of their last 5 games. Will put down 5 on it myself, hope it helps!

jonnygiles wrote: »
    Good idea this, found a nice BTTS in the French League today if that helps-Lorient v Lille BTTS 10/11 Lille just played out a goal frenzy match losing 5-4 at Bordeaux and Lorient have scored in all of their last 5 games. Will put down 5 on it myself, hope it helps!

Thats a nice little find, and looking back over their past games it seems to be always a BTTS as a winner. 10/11 seems pretty good on that stat alone.

I also like Nottingham Forrest V Coventry - BTTS @ 10/11

People may say why, well yes they are both rubbish, but they both have been scoring a couple of goals lately, they both have bad defence but their strikers can still knock in a goal or two, so on that basis alone, Im taking the bet on.

Bet 2.

€12.02 Single

Nottingham Forrest V Coventry - BTTS @ 10/11

Potential Returns €22.95

If its a winner i will back the Lorient v Lille BTTS 10/11

Let there be goals galore :pac:

Advertisement