Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G problem on Samsung Galaxy europa

Options
  • 15-02-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi

my phone is a samsung galaxy europa, bought from meteor. I unlocked it and changed to three the other day. They didn't tell me that the internet might not work however, which so far, it hasn't, though I don't see why it wouldn't. I have tried googling this (customer service were completely useless) and found some apn settings for various phones, galaxy s being one, but none have worked so far.

Does anyone know what settings I should have? If anyone else has switched to 3 successfully from meteor with a similar phone, any help would be much appreciated.

The settings can be found usually in
    wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point names. Or something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Can you get 3G signal? The APN is 3internet. You don't need anything else. Make sure you delete the Meteor APN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Internet not working is pretty normal with 3. You have to reboot phone (or toggle airplane mode) to wake it up. Lots of people really pissed off with this "feature" :pac:

If the above doesn't work then it's an apn problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Go to: Settings - wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point names.
    If nothing there, press the Menu Button on the rhs of the handset. Select New Apn.
    Enter as follows:
    Name: 3ireland.
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Proxy: Blank
    Port: Blank
    Port: Blank
    Username: Blank
    Password: Blank
    Server: Blank
    MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc.
    MMS Proxy:mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS Port:8799
    MMC:272
    MNC: 05
    Authentication Type: Blank
    APN Type:default.supl.mms
    APN Protocol: IPv4

When you have all the above set up you should be good to go.They work for me anyway.

Advertisement