Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing ford transit gearbox

Options
  • 15-02-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Ford transit, 2001, Fwd...Ok...I have the gearbox out, but I need to take a part from the old gearbox and put on new one...have tried to load pics...anyway, the part I need to take of is the housing that connects the driveshaft to the gearbox..I cant see any bolts or screws anywhere and am wondering do I need a special tool to remove it??...Would be grateful if anyone could help..<snip>Trying to get it done today or tomorrow...cheers...Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Use a prybar or two at opposite ends or failing that a skinny punch from the other end, hit it a few times making sure your hitting the splined shaft. Never failed me.
    Its only stuck in with a clip, a bit of force will get it out. It should be handy seen as its on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dubguffer

Hey..Thanks plug..I had tried that but was afraid to apply to much force..will try again but before I do, did you take a look at pics?, just to be sure its the same thing we are talking about lol...lets know...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

If you rotate it so two of the three corners are at the top left and top right use two pry bars on either side to prise it out. As seen in your second picture bits seem to be broke off the box from trying this, it will take effort. Get someone to hold the box steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dubguffer

Hey Plug...Thanks for the advice..worked out a treat...cheers

Advertisement