Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EGR valve location

Options
  • 15-02-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi guys does any one know the location of the EGR valve on a 97 Calibra 20i 16v. Is there a knack to removing it and what tools are needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Yours is the X20XEV engine?

If so it should be just to the bottom right of the cylinder head as you look down on the engine.

Should have a round shiny top on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Yours is the X20XEV engine?

If so it should be just to the bottom right of the cylinder head as you look down on the engine.

Should have a round shiny top on it.
    Is this it?

2012-02-15153452.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Just behind it in the pic, I think.

See here for a replacement just as an illustration of what it's like.

Avns1s wrote: »
    Just behind it in the pic, I think.

See here for a replacement just as an illustration of what it's like.
    Cheers I wasn't 100% if I had the right part there. So I took off the throttle control valve and the part i'm pointing at and cleaned them and it didn't fix the problem. Now I know what it looks like i'll take it off tomorow and give it a good clean and see if this will fix my problem.

What is the problem your having?

• Advertisement

What is the problem your having?
    She'll run fine for a few minutes then just cut out. It's the same when i'm driving if you drop the clutch and let the revs drop then she cuts out. This has kind of happened in the past and the relevant parts have been replaced. This time though i've no warning light and have been told that the ERG Valve could be the problem. I'm not in a position to buy a replacement (€250) so i'm hoping a good clean will work.

I gave the ERG valve a clean and put it all back together. I thought I had it sorted till I went for a spin and its still cutting out. Now saying that i've had the car on the drive ticking over ok but this only lasts for about 5 minutes then she cuts out again and so on and so on. Im at a loss now on what to do next. The Throttle Control Valve and Crankshalft Sensor are not all that old. So i'm now thinking maybe the coil pack??????????????Then again the car will start so could it be the coil????????? If anyone has any ideas please chuck them my way.

lee70 wrote: »
    She'll run fine for a few minutes then just cut out. It's the same when i'm driving if you drop the clutch and let the revs drop then she cuts out. This has kind of happened in the past and the relevant parts have been replaced. This time though i've no warning light and have been told that the ERG Valve could be the problem. I'm not in a position to buy a replacement (€250) so i'm hoping a good clean will work.

I gave the ERG valve a clean and put it all back together. I thought I had it sorted till I went for a spin and its still cutting out. Now saying that i've had the car on the drive ticking over ok but this only lasts for about 5 minutes then she cuts out again and so on and so on. Im at a loss now on what to do next. The Throttle Control Valve and Crankshalft Sensor are not all that old. So i'm now thinking maybe the coil pack??????????????Then again the car will start so could it be the coil????????? If anyone has any ideas please chuck them my way.

The symptoms your describing don't point at a EGR issue at all.

A failing crankshaft sensor will not always trigger the MIL especially on older cars but the crank sensor would cause exactly the problem your having.

Advertisement