Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Ideas...Need help and advice

Options
  • 15-02-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have 2 website ideas I am currently looking to set up.
    I am looking for somebody with expertise in this field to talk to so I can discuss the concept, possible revenue streams and basically get somebody else's opinion and input on the content and functionality of the site etc..
    I must stress I am not yet looking for somebody to help design my website...instead looking to discuss the concept etc with further advice from those who have a strong understanding in this field.
    I will pay if thats what the advice requires.

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I am looking for somebody with expertise in this field
    Molecular gastronomy? Selling garden gnomes? Arms dealing? Morris dancing?

If you're looking for somebody with expertise in a field, it might help if you let people know which field it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭readytorock

the area is website, web-business and advice related to that area.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I see - the impression your initial post gave was the use of the Web in relation selling a product/service from another field. So what you're looking for is an expert in the Web industry (development, marketing, e-commerce, etc) to discuss the commercial viability of your ideas.

You should have no problem finding someone in that industry who's willing to share their opinions with you for free, as long as you don't expect them to jump through hoops for you or spend too much time on doing so. Anything more than that and anyone willing to do it for free is probably someone you don't want to take advice from.

Naturally you'll want someone who's been involved in the Web industry for at least 5 years, preferably over 10, who is not going to have a conflict of interests (potentially be a competitor or try to pitch for any future development contract) and ideally have an analyst background (as you will need someone who has a foot both in the technical and commercial spheres).

Here is as good a place as anywhere to advertise. Feel free to PM me with a few more details if you like to take this offline.

Advertisement