Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious WindowServer issues in Lion!

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I am having this weird issue with WindowServer in Lion 10.7.3 (and before you ignore this thread, its not CPU!). As the attached images show, sometimes mission control does not show any of that 'linen' background in lion, nor does it show any of my desktops or fullscreen apps at the top.

Similarly, in Launchpad, sometimes it does not show a blurred version of my desktop background in the background, rather the windows i am currently viewing.

After a bit of exploring, I narrowed it down to WindowServer. After a quick killall, everything goes back to normal. But the problem persists sometimes, maybe not for a few days, but then comes back.

I have attached images of the problem for you guys to see. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated as always!

Comments

Advertisement