Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluminium bending in Dublin (bending brake)

Options
  • 14-02-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a sheet of aluminium bent in Dublin. I guess somewhere that has a bending brake could do it for me. It would just be a one off piece, not very big. It's for an enclosure for an electronic yoke I'm building.

Cheers,
    Karl.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

pinksoir wrote: »
    Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a sheet of aluminium bent in Dublin. I guess somewhere that has a bending brake could do it for me. It would just be a one off piece, not very big. It's for an enclosure for an electronic yoke I'm building.

Cheers,
    Karl.

Any decent welders garage (gate makers),or a metal fabrication shop or engineering shop will do it for you.

ATAC Engineering in St Margrets have several press brakes/bending brakes too.

Ive used them before,and they bent/folded the sheet metal into place for me,there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Would Maplin have anything, or an electrical suppliers.Could be pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thanks a million. That's good to know. How much did they charge?

Anybody know a metalworking place in South Dublin?

Thanks a million. That's good to know. How much did they charge?

Anybody know a metalworking place in South Dublin?

5 euro,as there were a few bends and folds to be done.Chap did it there on the spot for me.:)

Theres a large engineering factory and powder coaters in the industrial Estate behind Woodies and Bank Of Ireland in Tallaght.

The road down the side of Shamrock Rovers new football stadium,at the 1st roundabout turn right,and the industrial estate is the very 1st turn right,just after the roundabout.
    You cant miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Sweet deal. That's right near me. Cheers for the help!

• Advertisement

Sweet deal. That's right near me. Cheers for the help!

Forgot to say...go into the industrial estate and right down to the very end of it.

On the right hand side,you will see a bed and furniture shop,and right beside that,is the engineering/powder coating factory.

Regards.:)

Advertisement