Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Private Medical Centres (IPMC) ???

Options
  • 14-02-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    Has anyone got any experiences or heard about this company ? According to their marketing material you can visit their GP as often as you need to for an annual fixed, flat rate - in our case €365.
    www.ipmc.ie
    Would appreciate any feedback on this as we have 4 young kids and one trip to doc currently costs €60.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andrew Dungan

Hi RandR,

I’ve just scanned through this & I don’t see any “gotchas”

http://www.ipmc.ie/faq/

I'm going to sign my wife up for this service this week - if i come across any hidden extras - I'll be sure to "tweet" about it here!

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JapanZone

I just signed my family up for this for the new centre that opens in Swords tomorrow. I think this is exactly what is needed as a compromise between "pay as you go" visits to your GP and "arm and a leg" private insurance with all its clauses, excesses and bewildering choices.

I just moved home after many years in Japan, a country with an efficient and reasonably priced national health system. Everyone I've talked to here has private health insurance but when you start asking questions about it, a good number of people find they're not quite sure whether they're as happy with as they assumed. Some have already decided to quit. Especially if you have kids - what's the point in paying for private kids insurance when there isn't a single private children's hospital in the country?!

Now admittedly older adults do need to seriously consider the ever-increasing risks of serious illness and hospitalization. And if you can afford it, there's obviously no reason not to get the best possible coverage for your whole family. But it's nice to have a reasonable compromise so that you can have those everyday kids' illnesses and injuries seen too professionally without having to consider whether you can afford it.

Advertisement