Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on Gastroscopy/Colonoscopy Prep

Options
  • 14-02-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I am going in for a Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy on Thursday and have been given 4 klean Prep packs by my GP to take. IS this a normal amount for one person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, that's right, 4 litres of the lovely stuff! I used 2 old 2 litre plastic bottles to prepare mine in in advance, and put them in the fridge well before I was due to start taking them, as it's slightly more palatable when cold (but not much!)

Did you not get a detailed sheet of instructions with what to do the day before from the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Alun wrote: »
    Yes, that's right, 4 litres of the lovely stuff! I used 2 old 2 litre plastic bottles to prepare mine in in advance, and put them in the fridge well before I was due to start taking them, as it's slightly more palatable when cold (but not much!)

Did you not get a detailed sheet of instructions with what to do the day before from the hospital?

Yeah, I am to have a breakfast and lunch before 1pm, at 3pm I am to make up the Klean Prep:(, I will be buying 4 one litre bottles in the morning for this. It dos say I can ad juice to dull the taste, not sure I will bother, thanks for the
    quick answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Regarding adding juice to it, the stuff I got was already vanilla flavoured, which I didn't notice originally. I added some orange MiWadi to it, and the end result was fairly disgusting to be honest. Possibly best to leave it alone IMO.

Advertisement