Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike wanted

Options
  • 14-02-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking for a decent road bike.

Preferably 250-350/400.

I'm 6 foot so I would think that Frame size 58/9 cm would be perfect.

Hybrid with drop bars would also be accepted.

Any brand as long as its in reasonable condition.

Open to Suggestions/offers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

I have a Raleigh Airlite 100 for sale, looking for €280. I am 5'11 so the size should be just right for you.

BikeRadar review here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-raleigh-airlite-100-11-41657

I can get pictures up later or you can call around to look at the bike I am in Dublin3.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Hey kipple, What year is that Airlite and is it as stock?

Mugsy,

It is a 2010 but less than a year old. Stock except I installed 11-28 cassette. The original 12-25 is in like new condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

oops, sorry misread the post. offer withdrawn

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LukeDaly

Hey Kipple. Just looking at a couple bikes at the moment,Looks like a good deal,I'l Have an answer for you by the end of the week.
    Just wondering what the frame size is,And does it have STI shifters? If you could put up pictures that would be perfect.

• Advertisement

Hi Luke,

Top Tube Length is 56cm and it has STI shifters.

That's seems perfect,could you just measure from the saddle post to the center of the pedal?
    Not used to working with top tube length,sorry.
    That sounds like a deal,I'l pm you tomorrow or saturday,Im living in cork,but Ive a brother in dublin So Il just sort things out with him first.

Measurement is also 56cm

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

If Luke doesn't purchase, I'll make an offer too based on inspection. I'm situated in Dublin.

Hi Mugsy,

I will give Luke the weekend to get in touch with me after that you can come take a look at the bike

• Advertisement

Just PMed you there.

Advertisement