Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balayage In Dublin

Options
  • 14-02-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm excited about trying balayage and have been scouting other threads for info. Many people have recommended Style Club on Sth. William street-does anyone know which stylist to ask for? Or any other names good stylists in Dublin City that are good at this. I am terrified of taking a gamble with my hair. :eek:

I have blonde full head of highlights at the min with a natural colour of mousey brown/dark blonde. Any advice would be appreciated!

PS: Anyone know how often you need to get the colour redone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

My hair is quite dark brown, and I recently got balayage at the Style Club, I think that Danielle was the name of the girl who did them. I love the way it turned out and i received lots of compliments, which is always a good thing.

On a side note, this is the third time i got balayage. The first time (small salon in enniscorthy), they put foils in my hair, and as I had researched balayage, I knew that this wasn't right. It wasn't as awful as it could have been but you could definitely see a line across my hair and it's supposed to be a seamless transition.

The 2nd time I got them done, was in Petermarks in Wexford. They were fine but not very noticeable. I didn't want them to be too bright, but I wanted them to be noticed a bit! Style Club definitely did the best job, the highlights are noticeable without being really obvious, and it looks like my hair is sunkissed rather than highlights.

I think that you don;t have to get them done very often as you don't get roots with them, but it probably depends on how bright you want them to be. You can also opt to get full or half head. I got full head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PureCosmic

Hi there!

I think they look great! Go for it :)
    <SNIP>

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Hello Green Dub Girl...I just wondered if you went ahead with the balayage in the end? I am also natural dark blonde but have always highlighted and am seriously considering balayage. I have an appointment for 2mw actually where I need 'american tailoring' first where they darken the top part first before colouring the ends. I'm really worried about finding it too dark after a lifetime of highlighted blonde hair!! Just wondered how you found it and did you have it in the Style Club?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please don't resurrect year old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement