Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i am confused

Options
  • 14-02-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi..i am in a relationship with a person from a year..he practically stays with me every day and says he loves me a lot...
    but never speaks about commitment or marriage...when i talk about it..
    sometimes he says he will marry me and sometimes says he cant marry me because of his mother...
    i dont know what he wants from our realtionship ...and what should i do...i love him a lot..
    i cant just dump him..or am i making a mistake...can you please advise me on this..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

sushp wrote: »
    hi..i am in a relationship with a person from a year..he practically stays with me every day and says he loves me a lot...
    but never speaks about commitment or marriage...when i talk about it..
    sometimes he says he will marry me and sometimes says he cant marry me because of his mother...
    i dont know what he wants from our realtionship ...and what should i do...i love him a lot..
    i cant just dump him..or am i making a mistake...can you please advise me on this..

It sounds like an excuse, OP, is he living at home and taking care of his mother? you deserve to be happy, OP and if marriage is something you really want, then you need to move on and find it with someone who feels the same. life is too short to lose out on such things. I suggest you talk to him about it properly and lay down what you want and see what he wants too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

If he were serious about this
    he says he will marry me

he would never say this
    says he cant marry me because of his mother...

he is telling you what he wants by refusing to have a decent conversation about it... Dont waste much more time on him as it looks unlikely he will give you what you want but is happy to have all the benefits in the meantime.

Advertisement