Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Cathedral 13/02/2012 (yesterday)

Options
  • 14-02-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering does anyone know what was happening in the Cathedral at around 11am yesterday? There were thousands of people in there and then leaving. There were hawkers selling religious trinkets and the traffic was manic!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Novena.

It's Oxegen for the incontinent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Novena, no?

Robbo wrote: »
    The Novena.

It's Oxegen for the incontinent.

I see it as the OAP RAG week.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Yup the novena.

You are so holy for attending parking laws dont apply to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Yup the novena.

I thought that was any day ending in y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.galwaycathedral.ie/novena

The annual Solemn Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help begins on Monday 6 February 2012, and runs until Tuesday 14 February. The theme of this year's novena is Eucharist, food for life.
    There are six sessions each day, as follows:
    Monday-Saturday: 07:45, 11:00, 13:10, 15:30, 19:30, 21:30
    Sunday: 09:00, 10:30, 12:30, 16:30, 18:30, 20:15

So stay away from the Cathedral as traffic can be really bad, I got stuck there yesterday.
    Today is last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Why can't they have a happy Novena ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They do. Can you not see the wide grins on their faces as they emerge from their session?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Yup the novena.

Neither do the ordinary traffic laws; some stupid old unwashed country (I'm from the country before anyone starts; and i wash :p ) hoor nearly knocked me down as I was crossing at a designated crossing point, the lights beside the cathedral, with the green man. I swear if i wasn't pushed for time I'd have gone back and torn his head off!!

Discodog wrote: »
    Why can't they have a happy Novena ?

No, that's the Hare Krishna's you're thinking about. Catholics aren't allowed to be happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement