Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company of Heroes - Europe in Ruins Mod

Options
  • 14-02-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey All,

I was wondering if anybody was playing the Europe in Ruins Mod for Company of Heroes. I've looked into it a bit and it looks fantastic.

http://www.europeinruins.com/

In a nut shell it takes away the base building element of the origional in favour of an offline company building mechanic. With this players create their company offline and divide it up into elements which the player calls onto the battlefield during the game. For example the player may have an engineer squad and a rifle squad in one group that can be call onto the field, or a tiger tank or 105 howitzer. This adds a new level of strategy as the play has to create a well balanced company offline and focus on their micro skills during the game combined with calling on the right mixture of units to deal with your enemy. Thats is to say if the enemy is going heavy armour then calling in some anti-tank guns would be a good choice. You still need to choose your doctrine (which you cannot change) and that allows you to purchase unique units before the battle. Once a unit is killed it is gone from your company permanently. That means players are more careful with ranked up units.

Oh as well as that they have implement a new meta-battle where all victories and losses will go towards your sides take over of norther france. I have no idea how this would work out in reality.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I've just finished reinstalling windows 7 so I can (I was a linux user before I saw this). Has anybody had a chance to play this and if so what are your impressions?

I really love it when people take the time to make good comprehenisve mods that change the game and give old games new life.

Please let me know
    rollie

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I played it a few years ago,might give it another go,are many people still playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

Oh you have played it, awesome. Did you think it was any good?? I watched a few youtube casts on it and there seemed to be a few different people on it. I still havent been able to try it yet because my CoH was blackscreening on me after a fresh install of win 7. I've reinstalled it so hopefully it will work. I'm going to try it tonight (the main game at least).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

rollie wrote: »
    Oh you have played it, awesome. Did you think it was any good?? I watched a few youtube casts on it and there seemed to be a few different people on it. I still havent been able to try it yet because my CoH was blackscreening on me after a fresh install of win 7. I've reinstalled it so hopefully it will work. I'm going to try it tonight (the main game at least).

Ya from what I can remember I thought it was good,but I lost interest in it and coh,I must actually get back into coh,use to love that game sooo much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

if i get it up and running I'll let you know what the community is like. Could be a good way to get hyped for any sort of sequel that may or may not be on the cards

Advertisement