Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress blog

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi everyone! I just finished my first self hosted wordpress blog at www.brightnessproject.com and was wondering if you could tell me what you think? It would be good for someone to look at it with fresh eyes since I'm going mad with it:) I would be grateful for any suggestions or critiques. Thank you, Sarah Jane
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

The theme design is nice, simplistic, minimalistic and it works.
    SEO needs a bit of work - Look into getting a Wordpress SEO plugin.

Some things I would personally change:
    Menubar font-colour, the search bar inactive background colour/font colour, I would separate the logo and the tagline just a little more.

What's with the 6348VME9Q6VD post? Spam? Hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ZippyDee

Thank you for replying:D I'm looking for Seo plugins now and I'm following your advice with the fonts etc so thank you:)
    The 6348VME9Q6VD post is me trying (unsuccessfully) to register with technorati blog directory - grrr. It says my blog is not a blog!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Hi,

Your banner takes almost 50% of the screen.
    I would go reducing it at least 50%, remove space between the top of the screen and the banner, increase space between the logo and the slogan.
    Your initial screen doesn't communicate to the visitor why do they have to come back or why they are on the page at all.

Put an interesting post and stick it to the top.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement