Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woolf Report

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

The BCCI's response is massively disappointing.

I suppose it's easy to say that what else would you expect?

Corrupt body (in as much as it's more interested in it's own coffers than it's members interests) comissions report into it's governance.

Independent report (including an Indian) says that body is completely corrupt.

Corrupt body disagrees and dismisses report.

We're not quite at that stage yet, but it's easy to see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

This is just another example of why the ICC are such a complete joke. Its only a small part of the problem but the amount of power the BCCI have in the world game is frankly worrying, especially given how backwards thinking they are and how little interest they have in expanding the global game of cricket.

To be honest I have long since accepted that while the ICC exists in its current form the game of cricket is not going to be expanding any time soon, and countries like Ireland are forever going to be kept at a distance from the "elite" test nations. Its going to take some very radical changes in the make up of the ICC for anything to change in this regard, and considering who holds the power over the ICC I dont see those changes coming any time soon.

Advertisement