Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying beer from wholesalers (cash and carry etc.)

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was just wondering about buying alcohol from a bulk wholesaler because I imagine it would be cheaper. But recently I have been told that this was a waste of time is it is just as cheap to buy it from your local supermarket ie. Tesco, Dunnes stores etc. Could someone tell me if this is true as I have a special event coming up and I will need to buy lots of drink and money is scarce :D.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

iommi1423 wrote: »
    I was just wondering about buying alcohol from a bulk wholesaler because I imagine it would be cheaper. But recently I have been told that this was a waste of time is it is just as cheap to buy it from your local supermarket ie. Tesco, Dunnes stores etc. Could someone tell me if this is true as I have a special event coming up and I will need to buy lots of drink and money is scarce :D.

I work for a wholesalers and it is cheaper to buy from the supermarkets if you are buying mainstream beers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

If you know someone that works in a pub/hotel/restaurant they might sell you a keg. A friend who is a chef in a hotel got one for his 50th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lilymc wrote: »
    If you know someone that works in a pub/hotel/restaurant they might sell you a keg.
    Kegs of mainstream beers will usually cost a good bit more than getting cans/bottles of the same beer in an offie.

You could always ask a local independent offie for deals on bulk stuff. Musgraves can have offers the odd time but usually not much better than the supermarkets.

Advertisement