Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayak up grade

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Heyhey,
    I'm soon going to be upgrading my kayak. I've been told not to go near inazone. I know different kayaks suit different people but I'm just looking for a idea as to boats to keep an eye out for. I'm a 5'8,11st lvl 3 paddler looking at ww stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Inazones are good boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

And are you selling your old one?

Nice. Never owned one, but they've run an awful lot of Alpine grade four stuff, and they make the lower grade stuff more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

Inazone's are undoubtedly good boats but are recommended up to grade 3 water.I know the jump to lvl 4 is quite substantial but if I'm getting a new boat I want one 4+ (when im ready for them)
    Sorry, won't be selling old boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭carthoris

The standard creek boat selection for that level would probably be:
    - Dagger Nomad
    - Dagger Mamba
    - Pyranha Burn
    - Pyranha Karnali
    - Jackson Hero

There are lots to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm around the same height and weight as you and I have a Pyranha Karnali.Its a bit difficult to control because of its size but its a great boat for whitewater and theres plenty of room in the back for storing any spare gear you might have aswell.

Jaysus, it's not the size of the boat that's the problem, it's the size of you! I've a karnali too, and I'm about five inches and six stone heavier than you, and it works a charm for me. You're too light for it!

wet-paint wrote: »
    Jaysus, it's not the size of the boat that's the problem, it's the size of you! I've a karnali too, and I'm about five inches and six stone heavier than you, and it works a charm for me. You're too light for it!

Thats what I meant.Its too big for me and it will be for the OP.Time to fatten up I think.

@chavways, is it the m karnali you have? plus there's nothing wrong with your size ;)
    @wetpaint, do you have the large?

rothai wrote: »
    @chavways, is it the m karnali you have? plus there's nothing wrong with your size ;)
    @wetpaint, do you have the large?

Ya its the medium.

• Advertisement

Ah right, I've the large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

thanks for advice.
    Who knocked the inazone? i said they were great boats!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

boats don't do grades. paddlers do.
    no boats are "good" or "bad". just suitable for, or not suitable for certain paddlers. try out different boats for yourself, and as your skills progress you will start to understand what is the right boat for you. most shops do demo boat hire. and most people will let you try out their boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rossinator

Hey man, just incase you or anyone else on this is interested, I got a brand new fluid solo on its way to the country, emigrating so want to sell it, wont ever have been used and will come with all out fittings and still be in packaging.
    Orange in colour and either a 2 or 4 year warranty not sure to be honest.
    But i'll be looking for around 850 for it as it costs 1050.

Review : http://adrian.playak.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=5

Do your own research but it truely is an amazing boat, best i've paddled. Message me if you have any questions or anything

Advertisement