Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live ban help

Options
  • 13-02-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

So this is my second time getting banned for putting "As" in my bio. I was just wondering is there anyway of getting out of the ban and how many times can you get suspended before you get a permanent ban?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You put "as" in you profile and got banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

You could just stop putting "as" in your bio.
    It isn't really rocket science is it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I'd be amazed if Microsoft banned you for "as" are you sure your not missing an s because they will ban you for that. Actual op could you post your bio here that way we get the full story.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

I'd be amazed if Microsoft banned you for "as" are you sure your not missing an s because they will ban you for that. Actual op could you post your bio here that way we get the full story.
    "Dont try to break my streak in wwe 12 as I am clearly unbeatable" They highlited the as

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Seems harmless enough.
    Got me stumped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Post in the xbox forums, I know people go there to find out reasons for bans and stuff! You should link us to the post when it gets posted then! I heard that it takes a while because the mods have to approve the post!

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Are these not picked up by an automated system or complaints from users and flagged then looked at by an actual person who decides to ban or not :confused:

If so then that person is an "as" if the OP is correct in what he saying, perhaps the person doing the banning doesn't have native level english, that is the only explanation I could offer given those set of facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Id be very surprised if thats what its for. Are you sure you didnt have "yer ma" set as your location or something like that?

But yeah the forums are the best way to find out. And for the minute id suggest you change your bio as the suspension will only get longer and eventually lead to a permaban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

if you are good at a game and climbing the leaderboards like i was on Tigerwoods i found myself getting banned for the most stupid of things in my bio . i mean really stupid . just set your bio to private .

when i got unbanned i got messages from people ahead of me in the leaderboards with haha enjoy your ban and the like :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

almanu wrote: »
    if you are good at a game and climbing the leaderboards like i was on Tigerwoods i found myself getting banned for the most stupid of things in my bio . i mean really stupid . just set your bio to private .

when i got unbanned i got messages from people ahead of me in the leaderboards with haha enjoy your ban and the like :):)
    You can still get banned for having inappropriate stuff in your profile even if it is set to private

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    You can still get banned for having inappropriate stuff in your profile even if it is set to private
    yeah but general players can not see your bio , hence not report you . i think im right in saying that am i :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

yeah but general players can not see your bio , hence not report you . i think im right in saying that am i :confused:
    Yeah, you are but it would be easier to just not have stupid **** in you bio. Why take the risk?

Yeah, you are but it would be easier to just not have stupid **** in you bio. Why take the risk?

oh yeah i totally agree , i got banned for something as petty as "the english got there butt spanked last night" we were playing a tourny on tiger woods . i got a ban for that , so yeah your right just don't put anything silly in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My friend got banned for putting "The French are a bunch of w@nkers and Henry is a cheat" in his bio at the height of the World Cup Qualifiers, it just has "code of conduct" written on his bio now, he is still active on XBL, just got banned for a week or something... :D

well in fairness he kinda deserved that one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

oh yeah i totally agree , i got banned for something as petty as "the english got there butt spanked last night" we were playing a tourny on tiger woods . i got a ban for that , so yeah your right just don't put anything silly in it :)

Maybe you were banned for crimes against grammar?

;)

Also deserved that one lol

Maybe you were banned for crimes against grammar?

;)

facepalm3.jpg

My Gamertag used to be "MikeHuntisichy".
    Had to change it but no ban lol

Advertisement