Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stand alone camper - motorhome insurance

Options
  • 13-02-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi there,

Does a stand alone insurrance exist for campers in Ireland ?
    I would like to get insured without an insurrance for a car, does anyone know ?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Yes the camper brokers will do it.But it will be expensive because you won't be in the camper group scheme..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

I'am not a member of any camper club but have insurance, try Dolman insurance or Kidd insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mazzaru

ok thanks for the reply guys,

i ve a broker looking for me but the only one he could find was a normal camper sheme which ask for you to be insured in a private car, it doesn't really suit us but we don't have other choices.

kidd insurance ask for a car insurance
    dolmen defenetly ask for it with a 5 years no claim bonus
    wexford insurance too
    stuart insurance (axa)
    pretty much all of them...
    at the moment aviva would insure us but not stand alone and we have to join the IMCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

If you don't own a car of your own at the moment you could get a family member who has car insurance and let them insure the camper and then you could be a named driver on the camper policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HannahDunne

Stuart Insurances in Blackrock also do a scheme for campers

• Advertisement

Stuart Insurances in Blackrock also do a scheme for campers

yes but is it stand alone ? that was my first question.
    can we be insured without a car insurance policy ? it seems that no so far.
    and stuart ask for 5 years no claim bonus like many others and I have 3 years no claim in april.

defike wrote: »
    If you don't own a car of your own at the moment you could get a family member who has car insurance and let them insure the camper and then you could be a named driver on the camper policy.

I'm not Irish and it s my partner that own the car policy for the car, I can't do that unfortunatly coz my camper is a truck license and my partner is only leaner B atm and I have the C license ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

do they all require a 5 years no claims? i too have three years, i have another car.

Advertisement