Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 FREE Return Flights to Europe with the Evening Herald

Options
  • 13-02-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

The Evening Herald is giving every reader a FREE return flight to European destinations.

Choose from London, Paris, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Stockholm, Berlin or Milan

All you pay for is your hotel when you book your accommodation with WINWIN Travel.

Simply collect 6 tokens from the paper from Monday 13th through to Sat 25th and fill in the entry form which appears from Monday 20th.

For further details see the Evening Herald daily ad.

Get tokens from today! Wednesday tokens are worth two!

http://www.herald.ie/service/2-free-return-flights-to-europe-with-the-evening-herald-3016404.html

Enjoy!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Important bit. How much does this cost OP?
    Have a look at all the other t&c's before posting a 'bargain' like this
    with selected airlines when you book your hotel with WIN | WIN Travel. A minimum 3* hotel for 2 nights must be booked. Any applicable supplements are excluded and are payable on confirmation.
    You give three alternative destinations and three different months of travel on your flight application form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

More of a competition than a BA...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

snubbleste wrote: »
    Important bit. How much does this cost OP?
    Have a look at all the other t&c's before posting a 'bargain' like this

They say that the 3* hotels are between €50-€70 per person per night, minimum 2 nights stay. Sorry if you don't think it's a bargain. I, and I am sure many others, think it's a great deal! Hopefully somebody gains from it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The flights maybe 'free' but I am sure that is excluding the taxes and charges + the rack rates on the accommodation.......unlikely to be much of a 'bargain' at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

kn wrote: »
    The flights maybe 'free' but I am sure that is excluding the taxes and charges + the rack rates on the accommodation.......unlikely to be much of a 'bargain' at the end of the day.

It states in the Ts&Cs that it includes taxes and charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

this is the biggest turnoff for me....

9. The voucher holder must give three alternative destinations and three different months of travel on their flight application form. Applications not completed in this way will not be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes I "won" one of these "prizes" through a Bulmers promotion. It was a flight for one person...I chose a location and I could bring a friend for €99. I then went on to Ryanairs site and guess what the total cost of flying to said location for two people was....€99! Luckily enough my friend also "won" a flight too but they would only let us fly for 4 nights which didn't really suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DaveG84

I'll start collecting tokens and look into this one. Wouldn't mind having a trip over to Barcelona or Milan!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Could be worth bundling up this bargain with the one for Sky Customers that get 2 FREE Tickets to Euro Disney, so you could get the flights free to Paris and then get tickets free to Disney also would make a very cheap holiday

in my experience these sort of promotions as a bag of shyte. you won't be able to go where you want to go on the dates that you want to go. might work for retired people (or others with lots of time on their hands) not picky on destinations but for others you'd be better off on rynair tbh.

also -

14. Hotel accommodation will be at the discretion of WIN | WIN. Customers will be advised at time of booking.

€50 to €70 a night. also could (and may well be) be in the arse-end of nowhere.

excuse my cynicism but I doubt this offer will prove to be a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Win Win has no website which is extremely odd, they aren't mentioned online anywhere either. I have read the terms and conditions, and the only minor issue is that you mightn't get the destination you want. However, you still get free flights. A little suspicious is that there is no stipulation as to when you can fly, only that you must give 40 something days notice.
    I will collect the tickets and send off for my voucher, see what happens. But I am quite sceptical of what it is Win Win are getting out of this. This is a piggy-back marketing technique between the Herald and Win Win. The Herald lure people into buying the paper whilst Win Win get their brand out there. As a result of this Win Win cannot be making any money from this as it is only a marketing ploy designed to get repeat business.
    My speculation is that the hotels will be of a very limited quantity and will seem extortionately price. But I await confirmation of this when I go to book!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

bundling up this bargain with the one for Sky Customers that get 2 FREE Tickets to Euro Disney, so you could get the flights free to Paris and then get tickets free to Disney also would make a very cheap holiday

Good thinking.
    Only thing is you can only use 1 voucher per booking.
    29. Free flight bookings do not include luggage check-in costs which may be incurred by certain airlines. Customers wishing to check-in luggage must do so at the airport. Online check-in does not apply.

So that's a day trip for 2 adults then.

My sports bag fits into hand luggage and I have gone away for 6 days with it. People completely overpack for 3/4 night breaks, particularly women, so that isn't a 'sorry, no deal' term.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I went to the US for a month with just hand-luggage. Apart from clothes and maybe a camera, not a whole lot else you need to pack. Most things like toiletries can be bought in whatever the local spar/centra equivalent is after you arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Win win do have a website, they are a promotions and marketing company, probably the ones running the promotion. They are not a travel company, nor do they have any hotels or anything else on their site, the whole thing seems dodgy.

http://winwin.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Like Ryanair's "free" flights offered to their credit card holders.

Read the small print. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I have provided consideration for this contract in buying the Heddild so I want my free flights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mel31

Hi All. I sent in my card detailing the destinations etc but I haven't heard anything back. Is there any way to contact them? Thanks

Mel31 wrote: »
    Hi All. I sent in my card detailing the destinations etc but I haven't heard anything back. Is there any way to contact them? Thanks

I haven't heard back either. They said it would be in 4 weeks didn't they? I can't really remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

We inquired what stage our flights were at and they replied asking if we had sent in our application and tokens. Didn't really make sense...of course we had.

Then they replied:
    " All vouchers have been fulfilled therefore if you have not yet received your application please check with your local post office.
    If you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact me."

I am sensing this is the beginning of a terrible customer service experience, followed by a complaint to the Evening Herald, followed by no resolution. Prove me wrong winwin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 raxor

siscri wrote: »
    We inquired what stage our flights were at and they replied asking if we had sent in our application and tokens. Didn't really make sense...of course we had.

Then they replied:
    " All vouchers have been fulfilled therefore if you have not yet received your application please check with your local post office.
    If you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact me."

I am sensing this is the beginning of a terrible customer service experience, followed by a complaint to the Evening Herald, followed by no resolution. Prove me wrong winwin.

I'm not at all surprised to be honest. I "won" one of these vouchers from Bank of Ireland by making 3 transactions in a month on a new credit card, or somethin very similar anyway. It sounds like the exact same setup, it was also promoted by WIN-WIN and I followed all the rules to a T, 3 destinations, 3 different months, sent it back well within the expiry date etc. About 2 months after the closing date I gave them a call and they said they had tried "numerous times" to contact me to confirm my flights about a month prior, which was absolute horsesh1t! So anyway I just left it and chalked it up as a stupid waste of time scam from an idiotic "promotion" company, but I'd be interested to see what happens if anyone does actually take it further.

I can't understand how they can just pathetically fob people off and get away with it like. They're advertising a sh1t deal (3 different destinations and 3 different months, seriously how could someone plan time off work etc?) but anyway if there are people applying for it they should be forced to honour it, end of story.

If anyone actually gets these please let us know.

WinWin also abuse stray cats. I got my voucher back saying I needed to fill in a second person. I have to send it back by 30th April. Going to fill in my friend and send it back, still not expecting much but fcuk it.

Hi All. Win Win called me about the flights. I was offered London for a Monday to Friday in June. i checked and this costs a total of €50 to book online yourself. I asked about my first choice which was Barcelona and he said that it's not done on preference. It's done on available flights. Even though you had to enter your preferences in order on the form. So it's a sham. A total waste of time really. I really doubt anyone has been successful in getting anything near what they asked for as a preference...I'm just going to forget about it. Win Win are just a marketing company who will probably be out of business within months.

How much did they quote you and at what star level of accommodation?

They didn't quote me anything. He said he'd give me 24 hours to think about it. I told him that I wouldn't be interested in taking off 4 days to go to Londo. He said to call him back and we could go through hotel options. He told me to call him back tomorrow.....I will just to see what he says and maybe to let him know what I think about this whole offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nyla

i wasnt too optimistic bout this one seemed a little too good to be true, wanted milan in sept and sure enough got an offer of milan in sept so thought right this is where they'll screw me over with the hotels cause it says you have to book through them, spoke to a girl who asked if i knew of any myself i wanted and if not she'd find some for me so got a clarion hotel in city centre, price she gave me saved me 78e on what was on the hotel website:D so not bad only bad thing is flying into bergamo but for what im saving think it's actually good, my friend wasnt so lucky she didn't get her first choice so think its luck of draw :)

Advertisement