Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Query

Options
  • 13-02-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon all.Just wondering would anyone have any interior shots of a typical MK3 set-Citygold(example 7133),Diner(Eg 7402),Composite(Eg7171),Executive(Eg 7162),Standard(eg 7101) or indeed the p/p Cafe/Bar-6402. And a long shot the MK3a(Cu na mara)-When the seats were green. I find it hard to come across interior shots.

Comments

I've got one of all of these except the Cú Na Mara set (which I never travelled in). I posted them before but tidied up my webspace so they're no longer there. I'll post them again shortly.

Same photos as I posted here but with one addition, 7411. I thought I had a photo of 7162 but seems I can't find it. :( I know I travelled on it at least twice.

Standard Mk3
    CityGold coach
    Composite coach
    63xx Push-pull
    Restaurant coach 7411 (seating side)
    Restaurant coach 7411 (cafeteria side)
    Push-pull restaurant coach 6402

I've got several others of 6402 from different angles if you want them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thanks a mil for posting them Karsini.A great coach in which i travelled so many miles on over the years.The Cu na Mara/MK3a was the "Flagship" of the Galway line,however in later years it was put on the Westport line.Not a patch on the standard MK3.

A photo of a Cun na Mara in this page posted by Losty www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056341985&page=9

They were my absolute favourite, was a regular passenger on them for about 13 years on Cork and Tralee services. I wasn't on very many push-pulls as a result.

My only control car shot is this one on 6104, I'm wishing I took a better one while I had the chance.

Here's the others of 6402:

Opposite end
    Cafeteria
    Cafeteria from opposite side
    Inside the cafeteria

• Advertisement

Interfleet certainly made a great job of that coach,seats were a little hard,but a nice bright coach.I wonder has anyone a shot of the Air Brake MK2's,remember them in the 90s always with a dutch van!!

Interfleet certainly made a great job of that coach,seats were a little hard,but a nice bright coach.I wonder has anyone a shot of the Air Brake MK2's,remember them in the 90s always with a dutch van!!
    I've had a hard time finding anything of them. Mark 2s were a rarity for me, even the CIÉ ones, and I was never on a refurb Mark 2 either. Mark 3s and Cravens were my most common ones.

My first Mark 2 run was in the summer of 2004! Plus it was only from Templemore to Thurles. After that I had a few better runs, such as Limerick to Dublin behind a 201, and I once got an unrefurbished set on a Tralee-Dublin service hauled by 086. Plenty of enthusiasts up front.

I have some Mark 3 photos which were taken inside 7615, but I best keep those out of public view! ;)

I just texted someone in the know. He said the air-braked Mark 2s were all different. Some used Mark 3 seating, others used Mark 2 or Craven seating and many had first class seat spacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭xtradel

I remember being on the cu na mara set when it first started on the Galway/Dublin route and in the standard car i was in it was a 2 + 1 seating arrangement. Second time i was on it all the seats had reverted back to 2 + 2. Dunno what number car i was on the first time.

Also does anybody have pics of when the mark 3's first started and the dining car was somthing like mc donalds with orange plastic seating?

Hey Xtradel,the Cu na Mara coach with the 2 and 1 seating was 6202.It was the first of the Mk3a coaches to be withdrawn.6207 was the most comfortable of the set,with seats taken from the Air Brake Mk2s 41XX series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement