Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Vally Shocker!

Options
  • 13-02-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I was out in Liffey Vally yesterday and I must say that I almost fell out of my standing when I saw the state of a group of girls who were walking around the shopping centre. They would not have been out of place in a red light district of a dingey Eastern European City...
    These girls were at oldest 13, and that was at a push!...a real push...I would guess more 10-13 age bracket..some I saw were as young as 8 or 9 I'd imagine, but all tarted up in make up(badly applied), the miniest of skirts, knee high stockings and sky high heels or boots. It was almost like a joke! Passers by seemed to all be taken aback and there were people all over muttering about it. I shold say that I'm in my early 20s and so I'm no old foogie!
    To be honest I've seen them before, they seem to hang out there round the weekends always dressed like hookers.

Now the dress sense was shocking to say the least, but what shocked me more was that on my way out after being in the cinema I saw these girls being picked up by their parents. But the parents were driving nice enough cars and seemed like "normal" enough people. Had the parents pulled up in a horse and buggy one would sigh...but these parents seemed "respectable". I was with my girlfriend and she was equally scandalised by it all..she earlier suggested that perhaps they go out dressed properly and then all get changed into that tarty gear at someone's house and head out.

Now I dont have kids so I can only say this....but if I had a daughter and I saw here out dressed like that....she'd never be going out again...and if she did I'd be about 5 paces behind here keeping watch that she was dressed peoperly!
    I cannot believe that ANY parent would allow their kids out dressed like these girls....I mean I and others were speechless!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'd move this to AH but I couldn't do that to the AH mods. Not a Parenting issue - closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement