Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Position: Dublin City

Options
  • 13-02-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it appropriate to post this here. I'm not a recruiter, just a previous employee of the company seeking.

If permitted, and if anyone is interested, I'll post a few details.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Please keep any questions not directly concerning personal information on thread. No point in it being here if its not helpful to the security community in general rather than just an advertisement and it may help users learn more about what is and is not useful for working in the security field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

No problem. Thanks for letting it run.

I've emailed the company for detailed specs. In the meantime, what I know is...

It's a Dublin City based company. They are primarily, but not exclusively a telecoms software consultancy. When the job was mentioned to me, there was talk of 'cloud security', which I interpreted as multi-tenancy virtual environments, and maybe a bit of SaaS type stuff. This is based on what I know of the company.

Based on previous employment with them, I can say that if you have the skills, they are very open to suggestion on how to run things. Once I proved myself, I was given free rein in terms of software selection and methodology. I would imagine the same would apply to a security person.

Once I know more, I will post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Details, as promised. Not just one, but two positions, in fact...

---

Security Architect

We are looking for a Security Architect for a software development team to build and deliver a new social network on behalf of a client.

The key responsibilities of this role are:
    Work with the Product Architect to define the security requirements
    Perform risk analysis of the architecture, construction and operation of the system
    Define the security principles and processes and author the security policy
    Lead, manage and evangelise the rollout of security practices and processes
    Ensure the product's security
    Define a security road map for the system

You will have a minimum of 5 year's experience in the enterprise application security field and 8 years in an enterprise architectural role.

You will also have leadership experience managing complex software development projects.

Security Analyst

We are seeking an experienced Information Security Analyst as part of a team to build and operate a new social network.

You will have broad and deep experience in Information Security and in network and system architecture. You can apply that knowledge to identify weaknesses and risk factors and specify remedial actions.

You have strong analytical skills and are a problem solver. You relish challenge and the pressure of identifying and countering attacks in real time. Your passion is to make things very hard for the black hats.

You have excellent scripting abilities in Shell, Perl, Python and know Unix based operating systems inside out.

You have at least three years experience working to analyse the security of systems both during build and once in operation. You have extensive experience in penetration testing and web application security testing. You use automated tools to scan for vulnerabilities.

You keep up to date with the latest vulnerabilities and attack patterns

Advertisement