Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long after applying do you get your test date?

Options
  • 13-02-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knew how long after applying for your driving test should you expect to receive a test date? (on average)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've heard its about 4-5 weeks you might get a test date. Waiting times vary in test centres.

Check out the link above anyway from the RSA website list of waiting times.

Have you tried the online booking to get a date and time to suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BladeCypher

I have seen the waiting times list I was just wondering how long after applying does it take for them to actually tell you the test date.

I did try using the online system but it didn't work properly so I had to apply normally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I have seen the waiting times list I was just wondering how long after applying does it take for them to actually tell you the test date.

I did try using the online system but it didn't work properly so I had to apply normally.

I don't know what the national average is, but for myself and most people I know, you get your test date (by email, or by letter, depending on what you opted for) about a month before, which gives you the date, time and location!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

From the time you apply I think it takes between 4-5 weeks maybe more depending on the test centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends on where you live, and what test centre you're applying to. It can be anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

For me it was about 2 months and if memory serves they let me know about 4 weeks in advance. You can pick your own date though if you apply online. Alternatively you can apply for a cancellation BUT I wouldn't do this unless you really need to do your test urgently as they may only give you a few days notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

6 weeks for me for bus test in finglas

Advertisement