Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox loses signal on tv

Options
  • 13-02-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

So this is a serious problem for me! I can play xbox and have no trouble but when I go on Sky on the xbox dashboard the tv loses signal. It only loses signal on sky and is really frustrating because I normally watch all my tv on the xbox! I have a 40 inch toshiba lv713b LCD tv and im using hdmi cable. I would really appreciate some help. thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Has this been working for you previously?

It sounds to me as if there is a problem with the Mhz of the signal could the sky app be playing at a different frequency to the standard games?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

Has this been working for you previously?

It sounds to me as if there is a problem with the Mhz of the signal could the sky app be playing at a different frequency to the standard games?

well I dont know much about tvs but when im on sky it will work for about 10 minutes and then cut out. Sorry for my terrible info but what is the Mhz

Sorry normally games play in either 50mhz frequency or 60 mhz, Its a frequency that changes between countries usually, not really an expert on it, I thought that might be it but if you are able to watch sky for about 10 mins before it loses signal this isnt the problem.

Is the actual screen shutting off or is it the xbox that loses the signal (Can you still bring up the dashboard when you lose signal by pressing the xbox controller's center button?)

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if the TV is actually powering off or losing signal it could be down to having alot of electronics being powered from one socket? That has happened with my TV a few times but never while just switching between things on xbox

Sorry normally games play in either 50mhz frequency or 60 mhz, Its a frequency that changes between countries usually, not really an expert on it, I thought that might be it but if you are able to watch sky for about 10 mins before it loses signal this isnt the problem.

Is the actual screen shutting off or is it the xbox that loses the signal (Can you still bring up the dashboard when you lose signal by pressing the xbox controller's center button?)

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if the TV is actually powering off or losing signal it could be down to having alot of electronics being powered from one socket? That has happened with my TV a few times but never while just switching between things on xbox

No man the screen stays on but its like im on another channel. IT SAYS NO VIDEO SIGNAL and just noticed today that when i play a dvd on my xbox this also happens:(

Sorry I am stumped then, I was going to advise to maybe try uninstalling the sky app and deleting your cache from the memory and try re download the app, But if your dvd wont play either it sounds more lik your tele than the xbox.

Sorry I cudnt help more, You might have better luck in the Home Entertainment section under general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

is the hdmi cable securely in the back?

Liam O wrote: »
    yes its firmly in. it only happens when I play a dvd or watch sky

Liam O wrote: »
    yes its firmly in. it only happens when I play a dvd or watch sky

Advertisement