Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man from Del Monte

Options
  • 12-02-2012 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello

I am interested in having a tattoo sleeve dedicated to the man from Del Monte based on the following image

tmfd_main_image.jpg

What would be the estimation for time on this piece and how does the colour white hold as a colour in a tattoo in the longterm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 reidid

Can't really tell for the time (is that character going to cover the whole sleeve, or actually a half-sleeve?), but white Isn't a color that will stay great for long. One of my tattoos has some white, it looked impressive when the tattoo was fresh, Once it was healed it was already much less white. After 7 years, I can hardly tell the difference anymore between my skin and the tattoo color. I can't imagine a fully healed tattoo being even close to the white we can see on that picture.
    Having a tattoo artist opinion would be better though, just saying this based on my own experience and my tattooist at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Large fields of solid white are never a good idea when it comes to a tattoo. It can tend to yellow over the years from sun exposure and give is a couple of years down the line and the noticeable of the white in will be minimal.

However, giving the illusion of a person wearing a white suit can definitely be achieved in a tattoo by leaving large fields of skin tone showing through and with some clever shading. This is all presuming you have relatively pale Irish skin like myself :)

Advertisement