Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gasworks Restaurant-Limerick

Options
  • 12-02-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if the above restaurant is still open? I have a Living Social voucher for there and have tried calling a few times in the last month or so but never any answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

It has changed ownership, I dont know the new name but it is the same people that run the Black Fig also on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

I hope its not closed, I have a voucher too. Been there before and its really nice.

The Black Fig is where The Cellar restaurant used to be. The Gasworks is next to The Olive Branch and Marco Polo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I believe its open, I'd to drop the mother there friday night. Kept rambling about how you're allowed bring your own wine

Makin sure we're on the same page, its the place like 2 doors from wokking right. If so then its open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What's the story with the Olive Branch Bistro? All the letters on the sign are rearranged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

What's the story with the Olive Branch Bistro? All the letters on the sign are rearranged!

i tried to make an anagram from the words "Olive Branch Bistro", but all i could come up with was "controversial"... :(

/gets coat... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Todays Living Social deal is for the Gasworks Restaurant again! :confused::confused:

Is it still open as the Gasworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I pass it every day and while it is closed during the day it certainly looks like it is still operating. Everything is still laid out inside etc....

A lot of restaurants don't open till around 5 O Clock if they don't do lunch so maybe try later or just drive past to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Birdie086 wrote: »
    It has changed ownership, I dont know the new name but it is the same people that run the Black Fig also on O'Connell street.

I was mixing up the gasworks with the olvie branch hence my misinformation sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Is the olive branch a Mexican place now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

ya its definitely open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Thanks everyone for replying. I rang Living Social and they managed to get through to the restaurant and confirmed to me it was still open. Although with the recent reviews on Trip Advisor I'm not sure I want to go now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You already have the voucher. Just go and have your meal and stop worrying needlessly on the Internet about it. There are more important things in life than this, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Iang87 wrote: »
    Kept rambling about how you're allowed bring your own wine

anyone know if you can still do this?! i love that idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

You already have the voucher. Just go and have your meal and stop worrying needlessly on the Internet about it. There are more important things in life than this, surely.

Yep there sure are more important things in life. I didn't realise this forum was only for pondering life's more serious matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Was in the Gasworks tonight, first time there, lovely food. fairly busy.

Advertisement