Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to analyse a questionnaire using SPSS?

Options
  • 12-02-2012 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Based on socio-demographic data and the Likert scale.

Do I combine these two areas of the questionnaire or keep them seperate? How do I go about this?

I understand how to analyse the Likert Scale, entering in the scores for each question (say 1-5) in the SPSS columns and then carrying out analysis but I'm not sure how to analyse the socio-demographic stuff?

Like Marital status, income and stuff like that. If anyone can point me to a simple and easy to follow tutorial on this I would be grateful ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

When you say analyse, what do you mean? What kind of results are you hoping to get? Are you running a regression?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Design variables- instead of doing a scale of 1-5, put in meanings for these values. What you have done already sounds similar enough to what you need to do.
    If all else fails just look up SPSS tutorials on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athena14

Hi guys,
    just wondering if someone can help me. I have data from a questionnaire - I have questions that are open ended with multiple responses. I've categorized and coded the responses but I'm just wondering do I do a separate spreadsheet for each question? I know I've to do a separate column for each possible answer but not sure if I need to put all this in the same spreadsheet for all questions (if I do this, then it'll be huge!). I need to compare the data from two cities. Thanks!!

Advertisement