Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling still sore after 2 months

Options
  • 12-02-2012 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I had one of a filling put into one of front teeth over two months ago and it is still painful. Right now it is killing me as it is cold. The dentist said it would be sensitive for a couple of weeks. This can't be right can it, I hadn't been to a dentist in nearly 10 years my teeth are in a bad way, I know that but I never had a tooth ache in my life until now this really isn't inspiring confidence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The front of the tooth, or at bottom of the tooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

the_syco wrote: »
    The front of the tooth, or at bottom of the tooth?

It was at the side and the front, a small cavity near the gap between the two teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Could be a nerve problem. If you are young the nerve in the tooth can be very big and easily damaged by decay. Go back to the dentist and have it checked out. Its no big issue to fix you might need a root canal, but you usually will not loose the tooth. Could be something like a leaking filling either. The dentist can advise best, its sunday so either take yourself to an emergency dentists or wait until tomorrow monring.

Advertisement