Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roseanne Reunion on NBC

Options
  • 12-02-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭

Source EW

Roseanne and Dan are back! Erm… we mean John Goodman.
    EW has confirmed that the former Roseanne stars will once again grace the small screen together, this time as part of Roseanne Barr’s new pilot with NBC.
    Downwardly Mobile, co-created by Barr, is a previously announced multi-cam comedy set to make the run for network pick-up in the next TV season. The show stars Barr as the head of a mobile home park, where she also acts as a surrogate mother to the residents, one of which Goodman will portray. Former Roseanne scribe Eric Gilliland also has his name attached as the other co-creator.

Can the magic spark happen second time around, they worked well together on Roseanne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I don't know.:confused:

I'm inclined to think that 'Roseanne' was of it's time - sure, it was a comedy (and a good one at that), but it also felt a bit like a soap opera/drama.

I loved that show. Kind of stumbled on it by accident (as I did with 'Fawlty Towers'). As a young(ish) married couple, husband & I would always put the popcorn on to watch 'Roseanne' - happy times!

About 5 years ago, it dawned on me that I had a bit of a 'Becky' and a 'Darlene' in my old children - that's what I mean about it being a drama...the characters felt real.

Not sure a new venture could come close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Would agree..." of the time"....I'll give it a watch but there's so much other stuff out there these days that the studio will have its work cut out for them trying to bring in the right demographic...most under 30 have never heard of Rosanne I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cicero wrote: »
    Would agree..." of the time"....I'll give it a watch but there's so much other stuff out there these days that the studio will have its work cut out for them trying to bring in the right demographic...most under 30 have never heard of Rosanne I'd say...

Offense Taken!
    Maybe those who don't give a crap about quality TV programming will not have heard of it, but there's plenty of us under 30, who do give a crap...
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Offense Taken!
    Maybe those who don't give a crap about quality TV programming will not have heard of it, but there's plenty of us under 30, who do give a crap...
    :cool:

And just in case I wasn't making myself clear... Roseanne was awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I was only watching her Bio on Saturday, she looks really well. Couldn’t remember how they ended the final series until it was shown. I used to love this show, handled delicate and embarrassing issues really well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

And just in case I wasn't making myself clear... Roseanne was awesome! :D

...so, you were allowed stay up late then....:p

Advertisement