Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Audition Sonata????

Options
  • 11-02-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have my piano audition, (by the way I got honours in my Grade 8 last week), for uni at the end of March and ONE of the college are looking for the 1st Movement of a Sonata by Beethoven, Mozart or Haynd. I started to play Beethoven Sonata No.5 Op.10 No.1 1st Mov. in C Minor a few weeks ago and it's going really well. Just have to put the hands together. Might just use this for all the other universitys.
    Does anyone know any other good Sonatas by these composers that aren't to difficult that I could use? They need other pieces by a different composer so please suggest pieces at Grade 8 level that I could use. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It's cliche, but if you can pull it off well, Beethoven's moonlight sonata is easy to pick up quickly.

Also, Mozart's sonata in F major.....(K332 I think) is a great piece of music and I found it easy to get into. I'm in work at the moment, but I'll dig out a youtube video for it when I get home.

Also, I think I might request this is moved to the Classical forum, you might get a a better response. :)

Advertisement