Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STI testing in Cork/Limerick

Options
  • 11-02-2012 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys,

It's been almost a year now that I've broken up with my previous partner of 6 years and now I am thinking of going for an STI test, just to be a hundred percent sure I'm okay.

I am located in Limerick, but I don't feel too comfortable being tested in the Limerick regional because of the restricted hours the STI clinic is open.

I am considering making a trip to Cork (South Infirmary) and taking the STI test there. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out on the following points?

*How long will it take to give me results (for bloods and smear test)
    *How long is the wait for the test
    *If the results won't be given within the day of my trip up to Cork, would they be able to deliver the results over the phone?

If location is an issue for this test, how would Limerick differ based on the above points?

Please note, I'm looking for the free, confidential option for the STI test.

Thanks for your help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

Hi whatsbetter,

The entire process is relatively quick. Lab results are usually available within a few days and certainly within a week.

I would see no reason for them not to give results via phone, though if they want to query something they may ask you to come back down.

I don't know anything about waiting times but SIVUH should be able to fill you in. If you're in a particular hurry, your GP can offer STI screen but usually a fee is associated with this.

Hope this helps!
    Best of luck.

Advertisement