Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stringy poo??

Options
  • 11-02-2012 8:44pm

i noticed that the last few days my dog has had what i can only describe as 'stringy' poo.

it looks like its full of hair or maybe grass? long stringy bits kind of hanging out of it.
    he is fine otherwise, just wondering if anyone has any idea why this has happened?

i did notice him eating a fair bit of grass this week on walks and think maybe its just as simple as him eating too much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Get yourself a pair of rubber gloves and investigate it!! I would say it is only going to be grass though!

My 2 constantly munch grass, sometimes I think I bought 2 sheep rather than 2 dogs! Their pop after eating the grass comes out just as you describe yours!! (well not yours but you know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Ah, manys the time I've had to pull the last bit of poop out of the ahem - exit point because there's blades of grass in there and they won't come out properly - oh joy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Eating excessive amounts might mean a little tummy upset, maybe try giving the dog half a weetabix or a tablespoon of bran in the food for a few days or some bio yogurt just to see if that helps things along. Usually they sort themselves out with the grass, maybe introduce some fresh or partially cooked veg like broc. or carrots into the diet.

Eating excessive amounts might mean a little tummy upset, maybe try giving the dog half a weetabix or a tablespoon of bran in the food for a few days or some bio yogurt just to see if that helps things along. Usually they sort themselves out with the grass, maybe introduce some fresh or partially cooked veg like broc. or carrots into the diet.

thanks, i actually gave him some bran in his dinner this evening so will keep doing it for a few days and see if it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Ah, manys the time I've had to pull the last bit of poop out of the ahem - exit point because there's blades of grass in there and they won't come out properly - oh joy!!

"dingleberries" :rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

My gsd does this sometimes, he likes to eat just about anything, I have to be really careful with waht's lying around. I once had to wait and search each poop till he passed a sock:eek: Thankfully one of my little ones. Can't say he ever ate one again;)

Advertisement