Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Cigars online - help!!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

I just posted this somewhere else put feel this may be a more suited place, I need some help if at all possible!

Hi, I've tried searching for an answer online to no avail but I'm hoping someone can help me cause I'm really clueless when it comes to this.

I'm buying 20 cigars from the US. They cost 21 dollars and shipping is 45 dollars. (50 euro total)

1st of all am I right in saying that I will have to pay 20 odd percent tax on the full 50 euro?

Secondly do I have to pay other charges such as customs duty/excise duty?

Thirdly, How exactly do I pay these charges? Like do I just have to give permission for the money to my account?

And lastly if I don't pay these charges in a certain amount of time, will I lose my purchase?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! And sorry if these questions are stupid!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If Revenue spot them they will stop them and send you a bill to pay before they get released to you. You'll get payment instructions and a timescale when it happens.

Or they might just let them through. You won't know until the time.

Advertisement