Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner Gloves for cold ass weather!!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

I have a decent set of gloves but they are not holding the heat at all.

Are there any decent inner gloves i could wear inside the motorcycle gloves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

E-bay hav heaps of great ones. My OH has a Kawasaki z1000, just came in the door frazzled, all except for his hands! Wears some no name brand he got on E bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

On the really cold days, I wear silk inner liners, and then some of those 'magic' stretchy glovers over regular gloves. I have Raynaud's (poor circulation in extremities), and this generally keeps my fingers warm. I treated the 'magic' gloves with Scotch Guard for when it rains.

You can buy heated gloves. They use 2-3 aaa batteries in a little pouch. Takes a few mins to heat up, but work fairly well. Recharging the batteries is a pain though as they don't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Bought a pair o cold killers for under the buffalo all weather gloves and not too bad, dry, warm and ya still feel a bit of a chill. Definitly nowhere near as cold as they were getting. A big difference for 12 quid, but not spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Depending on your style of bike keeping the wind off your hands may be better that extra gloves, see if you can fit some Brush Guards otherwise heated grips/gloves are the next best. After that any of the glove liners should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I do a lot of motorway miles the the cold freezing my fingers off is my biggest problem at the moment. I too have the same setup as KingIsabella - cold-killers under Buffallo gloves. It works okay-ish. For my 25 mile commute, it's okay as long as temperatures stays above or around 6-7 degrees. Any low, I will be in serious pain by the time I get tot he destination - the pain makes me not want to use the clutch, and accelerate with the palm, usually hard etc.

I really like the idea of the brush guard or hard guard or wind deflector or whatever they are called - however, I haven't been able to find one that would fit on a Fazer. Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

positron wrote: »
    I really like the idea of the brush guard or hard guard or wind deflector or whatever they are called - however, I haven't been able to find one that would fit on a Fazer. Anyone know?

Apparently the SV650 will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yes, there are inner gloves you can get, but I find with the normal gloves as well, it makes everything too bulky. If the cash permits, get yourself a pair of Richa Arctic, they're top class and you won't need inner gloves. :)

Advertisement